Re: ABS

 |> > Just because Skip Barber single seaters had lousy ABS
 |> > computers does not mean all ABS systems are inverior
 |> > to threshold braking.

Sorry - I missed this thread...

When did Skip Barber have ABS on their single seaters?   The Formula
or Pro cars?  I don't recall seeing them in the past 8 years on the
Formula cars.

And... I was taught that threshold braking is superior to abs (when
you are paying attention!), but I wonder about going into a turn hot
and having the inside wheels lock up.  Since they are locked, it
requires more brake pedal action to get them spinning again (i.e. you
have to let off the brake more than if it was spinning to start
rotation again).

Since abs can control individual wheels, and could prevent the inner
wheels from locking, I'm wondering if you would get better results?
But then again, you'd loose a lot of pedal feel.

Thanks,

/greg

- --
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet