<EE28> stumbling problem

Ron,

This has been occurring with my '85 535i, and the problem is not solved yet, but it is
being narrowed down!

Here's what has been tried - and it does have a positive impact:
1) under the hood, clean all the connectors - to the various pick-ups, temperature
sensors, air flow meter, ICV, throttle position, etc.
2)  one suggestion put forward that I have yet to do - the air flow meter.  Inside is a
moving contact - and it has been said the "path" wears out.  The "arm" that swipes
over this can be re-bent - causing the arm to take another path - that is good.
3)  if the car won't start - take a pocket knife or screwdriver - and tap everything -
relays - connectors - etc.  Also, inside the glove box - tap the computer!

Somewhere in the midst of all that is where my culprit lies.  I've just not had the time
to narrow it down.  Hopefully soon!

...Kim
'85 535 - now with 290k miles!