'Twas the night before Christmas,
when all through my garage,
I was searching for wrenches,
both small and large.

Manuals were studied,
And I was inspired,
in hopes I could manage,
The installation required.

My spouse was quiet, feigning sleep in our bed,
While I faced the evening with ever growing dread.
I was going to lower this car, and do it right,
even if it took me the entire night.

I looked at all the boxes,
And my heart skipped a beat.
There could be no parts missing
or sway bar kits incomplete.

It was too late for this kind of hassle.
I was running out of time to make this M3 handle.
Then what to my worrying eyes should appear.
but pages of directions, all concise and clear.

With each part identified and every bolt in the pack,
This BMW would soon be up and running the track.
Faster than McLarens I took all the stock parts out,
all over the garage they were scattered about.

Now bolt it! Now tighten it! Adjust those camber plates!
New shocks and bushings, hope for the right spring rates!
New brake fluid! New calipers! New brake pads!
Gawd, there were lots of parts, more than shown in the ads.

And then in a twinkling, I knew for sure,
I would soon be running the chicane very secure.
I stayed very busy, all Christmas Eve night
And did not finish till morning's first light.

I spoke not a word, but kept bent at my work,
till my eyes, they were bleary; my fingers all hurt.
The beer was warm and the night, it wore thin,
Before I had placed the last bolt, nut and cotter pin.

Then putting my tools away in the chest,
I fell into bed for a well-deserved rest.
I thought to myself, just before I passed out,
This car will have the best time, without any doubt.

Tomorrow we'll cheer, when we have the fastest lap,
And we9ll be first to the finish line, with quite a large gap.
Everything that was replaced should perform as planned.
After all of my research, wouldn't this be grand?

Then off to dreamland and sweet repose,
I gratefully went, though I suppose,
There's something to say for those self-deluded,
Ground Control makes the best, I concluded!

Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!