Re: E24 sunroof

> From: "Wolf Schuffner" <wolf@domain.elided>
> Subject: Sunroof
>
> Can someone help me with the removal of the sunroof trim of an e24?
Do I
> have to remove the sunroof first?
> Thanks for the help
> Wolf

Yes, the sunroof panel has to come out to remove the liner, according
to the BMW repair CD. There is a kind of trailing framework attached to
the liner panel that runs in the guides -- no way to remove that
without taking out the outer panel. In fact, as I recall, the CD says a
couple rivets have to be drilled out! Not a pretty picture.

I checked with my alternate information resource, the email archives of
the Big Coupe Gruppe -- http://bcg.bmwcoupe.nu/ -- and the consensus
seems to be: let the dealer do it. Too much fragile stuff and fine
adjustments for the average hack to cope with.

Good Luck
Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.