E34 Tire recommendations/Window washer problem

It's about time to replace the MXV4s on my E34 wagon and I'd like to get some
feedback about the best way to do it. I've always found the E34's ride to be a
little on the harsh side and I'd like to take this opportunity to get the
quietest and smoothest rubber available.

Any suggestions?

Also, my front window washer stopped working after I got an oil change
recently and I can't find anything obviously wrong. I've checked the fuse, the
tank and the connections and they all appear to be good. Is there a good way
to troubleshoot this system? Any other input?

Thanks