Re: E-34 door checkstrap

Yep, had that problem too, there was a web site with a couple of
templates to make your own steel plates, but it seems to have moved/gone.
I just followed the template and screwed it in place with the normal
screws. Make sure the door brake itself is not broken/weakend, mine broke
so I replaced that at the same time.

A search in Google for E34 door brake gives a few results. Here you can
buy the plates if necessary.

http://www.koalamotorsport.com/mall/doorbrake.asp

Hope that helps

Regards

Neil Grundy

>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:03:13 -0500

>From: "Sanders, Ron" >Subject: E-34 door checkstrap > >The checkstrap
mount on the driver's door of my 92 525i is cracking. I want >to repair
the problem before it grows worse. It looks like I should be able >to
reinforce the mount by attaching a metal plate around the checkstrap
>opening on the door. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I attach
the >reinforcing plate with metal screws or have it welded? > >Ron
Sanders >RSanders@domain.elided

the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*