Binders

Dave Wrote>>>Now that I've evolved (?) into a BMW owner - I'd still
love to do this type of work when I have the chance. I have a few
questions - are these brakes as straight forward as most cars? Should
parts be purchased thru my local dealer or do you have a favorite parts
source>>>

BMW discs are easy brakes to fix,  I use www.bavauto.com  bavarian Autosport
in New Market, NH..1-800-535-2002.  I used Mintex pads and Balo Rotors on my
88 735i and they are smooth and quiet.  I think I spend a total of $140 for
front pads and rotors.

Buy a Bentley manual and go for it.  Many people forget to use silicone
grease on the slideer pins.

This question is a can of worms to open on this digest, as you will get a
lot of opinions.all diffeent and strongly held!....there are bunches of pads
available, I found the $45 Mintexes to be equal to the $80.00 factory
Jurids..

This said,  getting dealer parts guarantees OEM performance.

My favorite dealer is Bill Dodge BMW in Westbrook, ME 207-854-3200  Ask for
Ron Vose, parts manager.. he usually gives me great pricing.

NAPA sells rebuilt calipers for my 735 for $65! NAPA makes BMW Premium pads
as well.. Lifetime guarantee..ran them on a SAAB Turbo for years.. nice
pads.

Dave Leonard

88 735i with Mintex red box pads
91 325ic with PBR Deluxe pads
93 suburban with NAPA Lifetime pads
92 Roadmaster/NAPA lifetimes...buy new ones, when they wear out..return the
worn out ones for credit!  Pretty cool!