Re: KYB struts - 87 325ic Convertible

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:01:50 -0700 leo nicholson <leonicholson@domain.elided> wrote:

> I'll stay away from the KYB struts if they result in a harsh ride.
> Bilstein
> are a bit pricey, so I'll check out Boge.
>
> Has anyone else had experience with less expensive brands?

the Boge isn't all that expensive. i've not priced the BMW application, but
i put a set of OE type Boges in an old benz a couple of years ago. i got
'em from Rusty (one of the list's advertisers, i think it's "Wholesale
Parts" in the listing) and the price was quite reasonable. i'll never put
KYBs in a car again.

Rusty is a good guy, his business has mostly been benz focused, but he's
ramping up the BMW side now. you could also try Zionsville, i don't know if
they carry the Boge shocks or not, but while they're not a digest
advertiser, they do happen to be a client of my consulting business, so
supporting them keeps me fed which keeps the digest up and running.

richard
- --