Re:Feel Like a total idiot!! (M3 clutch slave)

I'm a little behind on my digests, so hopefully it's not too late for this suggestion. . .
Check with the snap on guy or some of the other tool trucks or . . .?
You might be able to get the slave part out of the bell housing with one of those magnets on a long flexible wire.  I don't know if the piece is aluminum or steel, but you might be able to fish it out with the magnet if it's steel.  Might help to have a little dental mirror and a flashlight.  Also, I'm not sure about the M3 specifically, but most of the BMW's I've worked on have an inspection cover on the front of the bellhousing that you can remove without removing the transmission.  It's just a piece of sheetmetal on the front of the bellhousing.
Good luck,
Jake Hahn
95 318ti
Austin, TX