[Q] E36 Dinan Chip

A friend is selling a Dinan chip from an E36 1995 325is.  I believe that his
car is equipped with EWS-II.  Does this mean that the chip cannot be used in
another E36 525is or E34 525i (M50 engine), or can it only be used in an M50
engine WITHOUT EWS-II.

If I remember correctly, cars with EWS-II have the EWS code on the chip, and
the code must match what's encoded in the EWS system.  However, if it's used
in a car without EWS, is this portion of the code simply ignored?

Thanks,

- -rb