Re: 1993 525i Trans Program

I had the same thing happen with my 1993 525iT.  Turned out to be a bad
solonoid, although I don't remember the exact name of it.  Part replacement,
plus fluid replacement (fluid was due to be changed) cost around $200 at the
dealer.

I doubt that your transmission has failed.  If you're close to Cleveland,
take it to Brett Anderson (http://www.koalamotorsports.com).

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3