Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:47:41 -0500
From: "Doug Dykaar" <dykaar@domain.elided>
Subject: <e28> gas smell

85 535i. Gas smell in the garage, and inside the car, even at 1/4 tank.
Rust on the tank seams, but no puddles or obvious leaks. Panzer mechanic
says some of the welded on breather tubes break, and the tank seams get
porous.

Anybody ever fix one, was it ever a loose/cracked rubber hose, or is the
best bet to get a used replacement tank?

TIA,

doug