E39 540/6 regular service - Independent?

I stopped by my local dealer last week and got a price to have my car
brought up to par. You see, this car was purchased by me in Feb. and
has NO RECORD of service in the BMW computer. I bought the car as a
"hit" car at 20k miles for $25k had it fixed (two driver's side
doors)and have been changing the oil every 5k with mobil-1 and OEM
filters, the car currently has 43k miles and runs perfectly. Would you
reccomend that I build a relationship with the dealer or my local
independent who has a great reputation? The dealer wanted $520 for the
service - what do they do for that besides fluid and all filter change?

Thanks,
Dave C
98 540/6spd
BMWCCA