1997 528i Engine Cuts Off

I have a 1997 528i BMW automatic. Check engine light comes on, using the
Peak Research fault code (d6) vehicle speed signal not present. When you
clear the fault from the DME the car runs find and the engine speed will
increase to about 6,500 RPM and the transmission shifts fine. If you slow
down and try to accelerate again to 6,500 RPM the engine starts to cut off
at about 5,200 RPM and the transmission will not shift out of the passing
gear until you let off of the gas. Fault code is set to (d6)vehicle speed
signal not present again.

I cannot find a wiring diagram for the E39 528i series. Does anyone know
where the vehicle speed signal comes from or has anyone had the same
problem. Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this car.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J.W. Baker
BMWCCA # 277557