Re: Washer fluid low and Coolant level low (e36)

BMWracing9@domain.elided wrote:
> Hello fellows,
> I have a 94 e36 and after the car heats up, i start getting
> messages that the washer fluid is low.. i have replaced that
> little floater sensor and the tank is full.. I don't get the
> message all the time.. though, lately, i get it more often...

Nico,
If the level is fine, suspect the sensor. Or the wiring. Just because you
replaced it once does not mean that the new one is not defective.

> also, after driving for a while, when i turn the car off, i
> get the message coolant level low... this is not true.

Have you recently bled/change the coolant?
This sounds exactly like the problem I had after blowing the radiator and
getting a ton of air into the cooling system. Took a while to bleed all of
it out. Keep adding the coolant.

> I imagine that the coolant has also a floater type sensor to
> indicate level...

There is a sensor at the bottom of the coolant reservoir (passenger side
of the radiator shroud). It is not a floater, but as I never had to
replace it, I do not know for sure how exactly it works.

> My question is, do you guys think it could be the actual
> wires/connectors that are failing?

Could be. Check the continuity.
Optionally, short circuit or open the washer fluid sensor. One of the two
conditions will keep the warnings from popping up on the OBC.

hope this helps,
alex f