RE: [uuc] regarding 540's and their engine displacement..

Ron J wrote:

>Strange that grammar is an issue.. I wonder what all the confusion is
about.. I used the correct word.  I suspect hastily read e-mails are the
culprit.
>Pre as in before, and Pro as in after, as in a procession that
follows the priest during mass, or how the proceed of a commercial are
considered royalties.. further product of, or in procession of..
>So the later E34 5 series proceeds the E28.  Someone else on the list
thought I wrote preceed, and wondered what I was smoking.. Funny.. I wonder
what he was smoking..
>Anyway, the reason I asked the question is, since the 745i is actually a
735
with a turbo, (m330 with turbo to increase displacement) that the 540, may
have actually been a 535 with a stroke of some sort.  But alas its a v8
which of course is much different..
>Thanks for all the responses and valuable info.  As for the grammatical
confusion.. I will leave it to those that are confused to sort it out for
themselves..

I was one of the confused lurkers, amused by this thread.  Since Ron J has
posted his defense, surprising me with his usage of "proceeding" ("So the
later E34 5 series proceeds the E28"), I thought I'd look it up.