Springs, shocks, etc.

My '95 M3 2-door has about 45,000 miles on it.  Somehow, all those miles have
made the handling a bit less precise than I remember, and I suspect that
means I should be thinking new shocks and such.

I've been told that the best combination for "sporty" street use involves an
X-brace (a BMW OEM item for the convertible), the European M3 springs (just a
tad shorter than the ones used on the E36 M3 2-door for the US market), and a
new set of Bilsteins.

Being a checkbook mechanic, not a tool jockey, it would help me to get more
specific info, like parts numbers and average parts pricing and labor for
this suggested set up, so I can shop around close to home for the stuff I
need and someone to put it all together.  Or, if someone has a much better
idea about what I should do to repair/upgrade my suspension, I'd like to hear
that.  Just remember I'm not going to the track, I just want my car to feel
like new or 'better than new' out on the road.

Anybody out there have this info?

David M. Jacobi
chambolle@domain.elided
'95 M3 hellrot, plates "MUSIGNY"