Cold Air Intake Question

BMW OWNERS:

I have seen a lot of information about COLD AIR INTAKE systems.
Most of the performance enhancements claim "smoother throttle response" and
"slight power jump in the higher RPMs", but no hard facts.

I have not seen any technical details on increased HP or torque at different
RPM ranges.
I would like to know the following:
- - Do the systems just provide COLD air to the intake system versus HOT air?
- - Do they also increase the amount of air to the intake system?
- - Are there graphs available to show the increased HP and torque at different
RPMs?

I own a M Coupe that I have installed the Jim Conforti SHARK INJECTOR
software.
The SHARK INJECTOR advertisements did provide graphs showing increased HP and
torque.
I noticed a slight increase in HP and torque, after installing the SHARK
INJECTOR,
but I really question the increased HP and torque claims.

Jim Conforti, K&N as well as others market a COLD AIR INTAKE system for the M
Coupe, but I am reluctant
to purchase one without more hard facts.

If anyone has any hard facts on COLD AIR INTAKE system, please email me.

Thanks,

Dennis Logan