RE: Koni Single Adjustable Shock Questions

I would be interested in any feedback you get regarding this.  I am
looking at doing exactly what you are doing and was going to go with the
Koni's too.  I don't know whether there are externally adjustable Koni's
to fit an E36 M3, however the externally adjustable Koni's that I have
seen were installed in a VW Corrado and the rears adjusted just like the
fronts (by using a tool at the top of shock tower).  I was thinking that
our cars (E36 M3) would require removal or modification of the trunk
lining in order for adjustment of the rear shock to be possible
on-the-fly.

I think that people replace the rear shock mounts with E46 mounts
because the E36 rear mounts are known to fail (especially when you start
stiffening up the suspension) and you might as well install something
better before they do.

I also wondered about the Urethane bushings.  I would imagine that
installing new stock bushings would be an improvement over the eight
year old ones that are currently in the car, however is there a real
"upgrade" in terms of performance to be obtained by going to Urethane as
opposed to regular old rubber.

Also, will installing new Koni's with eight year old stock springs be an
issue.  I am not looking to lower my car much, but would like to firm up
the ride a bit.  The stock shocks are shot and I want the adjustability
of Koni's, so that I can switch easily between Autocross and Street
settings.  Anyone have a spring recco that will work well with Koni's
and not break the bank?

Thanks

Jamie Howton
2002 330i 5 Spd Steel Blue Metallic SP