Oil consumption by brand

     Mobil 1 5w30 is all my 3.2 liter //M3 has ever had for 75k miles.
When I change the oil I drain the engine for at least 24 hours, and tilt
the car forward and to the right with jackstands to insure as full an
oil drainage as possible.
     I fill the engine with 8 quarts Mobil1, and 5k miles later before I
drain the oil again the dipstick is on the quart low line.  This is
consistent for many oil changes.

     Last oil change I replaced the Mobil1 with 8 quarts of Redline.
This was due to wanting to maximize results of upcoming dyno testing.
      Now at less than 4k miles later, the engine shows more than a
quart low.

     Why would a superior formulation have a significantly greater oil
consumption?

Would others like to post what oils you have used in your //M3s and
other BMWs and with what oil consumption results?

Thanks in advance,
'jk