Re: Bosch Plugs.. Why Not Platinum??

On Oct 11, 2002, alex.fadeev@domain.elided  wrote:

 |I don't think there is any real damage to the M20 engines other than most
 |of them run like crap with Platinum plugs.
 |I've also never owned a car with an M30 engine, so can not comment on what
 |would happen to those if you experiment with Platinums.

I seem to recall reading that it is easier for the spark to jump the
gap on platinum plugs, hence making the spark "cooler" or something
like that.

This may explain why, if the M20 is expecting a certain amount of
combustion, it doesn't run well on the PP.

I can't verify my source on this though...

/greg

- --
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet