Re: 325ix spark plug wires

>>Why are you interested in replacing OE plug wires in the first place? Are they damaged? OEM Bosch wires are the best and typically last the lifetime of the
car.  Unless you have a good reason to replace them, leave them alone.  If they are damaged and need to be replaced, do so with OEM Bosch  wires. <<

When good wires go bad: Forgive me all, but I'll ask some beginner questions.  First, I have always assumed that you change the spark plug wires when you changed your plugs (or at least every 35k, and maybe the plugs a bit more.)  Is this incorrect?  What would tell me that my wires are bad, when my motor starts missing?  Arcing in the engine compartment?  Why the OEM wires and not, as someone has suggested, the wires that woudl fit a Z and be much cheaper?

Rick
faith.yahoo.com