Re:fuel pump

Adam

Sounds like you nailed the diagnosis.

Replace both fuel pumps.

Replace the filter at the same time.

 It is pretty easy to check relays if you have a manual.  power
one up backwards though and you will destroy it.

For parts I find the DEALER the best.  I have never found a
cheaper source than richmond BMW with a BMW CCA discount.
Especially when you consider it is usually in stock and there is
no shipping.

If you search "BMW fuel pump vega" you will probably find the
Vega fuel pump swap that will save you some bucks if you are so
inclined.

I replaced my fuel pump yesterday and the car runs better.  The
biggest problem I had was the previous owner cut the plug up so
they could plug it in backwards to compensate for a pump with
reverse polarity.  I didn't notice it and it took me about an
hour of checking to finally realize that the pump could be
running backwards and checked it out.  Sure enough flip the plug
and starts on first key!

Ric

usual and as long as he kept spraying the gas the car would stay
running. HAHAHA! so its in the fuel delivery system.

Nope it doesn't. after removing the sensor and the pump we,
waited for the pump to dry put it on the bench and again tried to
give it direct 12-volt power. Nope .. This is indeed a problem,
if not the main problem.
Adam A.