Ball Joints

Guys,

I have to replace the O/S top ball joint and the N/S lower ball joint, and have
been told there is either a steel or aluminium assembly for the lower one.

I am unsure whether my E32 730i has the steel or aluminium ones currently, does
it matter if I just fit the aluminium one (I'm guessing it will be lighter)
regardless of whether the other side is steel or not.

Your help is much appreciated!!

Euan Houston
euan@domain.elided
http://uk.my.yahoo.com