E30 noisy rear bearing?

Hello all -

My trusty E30 is again hinting that my wallet is in for trouble.

There is a rubbing noise coming from the rear right wheel. It is louder at
speed, and only is there when I am accelerating. When I coast or brake, it
is silent. I have also noticed a creaking noise when I start to reverse -
again from that area.

I wondered if a rubber bush was on the way?? Or maybe a wheelbearing - or a
driveshaft / diff problem??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob Bentley
ENGLAND
1986 325is - still shiny and never lets me down.
This email is sent in confidence for the addressee only.
Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately by telephone (01202 290292) and return the original email to us without taking a copy.
We have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted to any third party.

Neither Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd nor Unisys Insurance Services Ltd accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or its contents.

Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd and Abbey Unit Trust Managers Ltd are members of the Lloyds TSB Group, and are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

End of bmw-digest V9 #2252