<E28> 535i driveshaft rubber coupler with cracks

Hi All,

While my car (85 535i)was up on the hoist getting exhaust work done, I
decided it was an opportune time to do a visual inspection of the
undercarriage. Everything seems very good, no holes, no rust, and no leaks.
I did however notice that the rubber coupler just behind my transmission,
that attaches the driveshaft has cracks in the rubber, in and around the
areas where the bolts go through.  Is this common?  Do I have to replace it
soon? or can I wait a while to replace it?

Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
Ron Jordan
85 535i