Octane Boosters - Advise needed

I own a 1999 M Coupe.
I have installed the Jim Conforti "Shark Injector" performance software.
The car feels like it runs better and acceleration times prove that it is
stronger.

Apparently the engine had to be de-tuned to run on Regular gas to meet the
USA DOT laws, because
the instructions with the software states to use only "Premium" gas only.

I recently tried an "Octane Booster" and it felt like it ran better.

I am attending a Drivers School this weekend and I would like the car to run
as good as possible.

Has anyone used Octane Boosters?
Are there differences between the different brands?
If so, what is the best on the market?

Pleas email me with advise.

Dennis