Re: catalic converter removal... e36

Bmwracing9@domain.elided wrote:
> hi guys.
> i have been wanting to remove the catalitic converter on my car...
> should i get a resonator... so the car is not too loud... can
> anyone point me in the right direction....

Nico,
One question: why?
E36 cats are fairly free flowing and you will not gain much if any
performance out of gutting them.
More importantly, it is illegal for both street and BMW CCA Club racing
purposes. If your state/county of residence has annual emissions test, you
will fail them. Then if the shop discovers that you had removed the cat and
notifies EPA, you are suddenly looking at mega $ fines and prison time.
Yes, you might be able to get away with cheating in either environment, but
why bother?

alex f