Constant Groaning sound from power steering

  Hello to all. The most recent problem that I'm trying to correct is the
groaning sound that is coming from the power steering pump.  Thinking it was
time to rebuild it, I picked up the rebuild kit for the 86 535i for $35.
After taking the unit apart, everything look well inside, No damaged parts
or any unusual wear observed.  I replaced all the parts from the kit and put
it back together.  I started the car and the groan still remains.  Same type
of noise as before and the steering appears to operate as it should, easy as
it did before. I took a look at the Bentley manual and then attempted to
bleed the PS system as they described although the noise persists.

  Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the rubber hose with the cloth
covering appeared to be partially collapsed and that the groaning noise
(from the other all metal pipe) travels all the way to the pressure
regulator.

  I have had this car for less then two years and love it.  One of the first
things that I replaced was the nitrogen accumulator or the ball as the
brakes petal was feeling a little odd.  This corrected the problem for quite
a while but in the recent month or so I notice the odd brake petal feel
again along the quick blip of the red brake light when depressing the brake
petal.

  My question is, could this accumulator cause this problem with the power
steering of could there be a problem with the pressure regulator which is
shared with the power steering and the brake system.

  Thanks to all in the past who have helped.  I read nearly all the threads
on this reflector.  Keep up your good work.

Gil Thereault
1986 535i 184k
giln1oiw@domain.elided