RE: <E39> 17" snow tires?

I have a 530i Sport pkg. (17 inch wheels).  In Germany, BMW dealers run
special pkg deals on winter wheel/tire pkg.  I bought a style 82 wheel and
Dunlop Winter Sport M2 for about $1200.  They are 16 inches, which is what
BMW AG recommends.  I believe only the M5 uses 17 inch winter set up, due to
the brake clearance issue.

I figure it will be easier and less hassle to replace the wheels/tire than
to remount/unmount the tires every season.  I am not sure what it costs
these days, but let's say it costs $15/wheel to mount, then another $15 to
balance, that is already $120.  In 2 years you will have spent $480.  You
will easily pay for the cost of the inexpensive wheels within a couple of
years.  You can find the 16 inch wheels for about $120 at Tire Rack.

John