Re: Defective wheel continued...

Porges777@domain.elided
> So here is the latest.  The dealer ordered a replacement wheel
> because the original one on my 2002 M3 (one month old) had a hole
> in the metal and was leaking.  Brought the car in, they dismounted
> the old tire (with 1,200 miles on it), put it on the new wheel,
> and I picked it up.  NOW....the new wheel is slightly brighter color
> than the other three original wheels.

Jeff,
Could be just that your old wheels are not pristinely clean (try washing
_and_ polishing the old ones!), or could be a different shade of silver.

> The dealer told me they have no ability to pick the shade, so I
> kinda get what I got.  I'm kinda thinking that BMW could replace
> the other three to match the new one...but they won't.

I can see both sides of the argument.
But if it was my car, I know what side I would be on ;-)
Don't give up - squeaky wheel gets the grease!

> Anybody have any suggestions?

Are you a BMW CCA member?
Have you tried contacting the club ombudsman?

alex f