['99 M Roadster] Squeel resolved, sort of!

Ok then...

I have basically found the source of my squeel. After replacing my
Conforti CAI with the stock and having the sound go away, I put the
CAI back on. Before I put it on, I ran the car with no filter (in the
garage!) to listen. Sure enough, there it was. How freaky is that? It
*really* sounds like metal on metal.

Interesting to note that simply blowing into the intake causes the car
to stall. Very sensitive sensors.

I put the CAI on and the noise is not masked. Fabio, the chief
mechanic at Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY (hey, he does good
work, they get a plug!) nailed it on the head even though he replaced
the tensioner pully for me under warranty. They are really good there.

My next question is, I assume that it is one of the thin wires on one
of those sensors. Could it be loose or damaged? Is it something I
should worry about?

Thanks...

/greg

- --