RE: 325i speed

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Braithwaite [mailto:brahtw8@domain.elided]

> Mike-

> >You really think you'll see those speeds [140s]
> >out of a 325i?   Yow....
>
> The car is a 1994 325i 5-spd. w/Dinan chip and
> tri-flow exhaust.  If their claims are correct,
> the car now makes at least 210 hp and 210 ft.
> lbs....

O.K. -- so the engine is not stock.  Even if it
were, I'd believe you if you were sure.  Those
numbers just surprised me.

> Remember, this is Road America.  It has two of
> the longest full throttle straights of any track
> in the world (Autoweek's words in the most recent
> issue).

Especially now that they've emasculated all the
others like LeMans, Hockenheim, etc.

> True race cars are able to top out at over
> 200 mph.

Yes.  I always said that F1 should have come to
Road America instead of Tony George's stupid Indy
playhouse.  Road America is one of my favorite races
in the CART series (shhhh -- don't tell me how the
race went -- I have it on tape, but haven't watched
it yet).

> So, yes, I do expect to see speeds in the 140s.
> If you have yet to experience Road America, I
> highly recommend it.

Living in N.H. right now means that Road America
is a long haul.  Someday...

Have lots of fun!

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner