Re: 1994 540i Auto Transmission Service and Fluid

Henri,

> However, If we read the "tea leaves" of the Certified Pre-Owned BMW
> program, the maximum mileage the warranty can be in effect is
> 110K......this suggests that the engineers at BMW have calculated that
> the potential expense of offering a warranty over the 110K mileage is
> not a prudent business decision.
> Furthermore, extended warrantees from insurance companies will not
> insure a vehicle with over 100K miles....

I disagree.  I don't think that it's fair of correlating warranty length
with product quality.  Chrysler is now offering 100K mile warranties from
the factory.  Is the quality of Chrysler cars as good as BMW that offers a
lesser warranty?  Or the Japanese cars that also have lesser warranties?
Definitely not from my experience.  It's clear that sales of Chrysler cars
are down and the 100k mile warranty is mean to convince the consumer to
buy.

I have a mid-range Sony VCR that came with a 90 day warranty.  I've had
that VCR for three years and it still give excellent picture quality and
it is a well-made solid product.  Even though most VCRs come with a year
warranty, I wasn't discouraged by Sony's 90 day warranty and I wasn't
disappointed either.

Erik.