Re: Clutch squeak

"Martin Stanczak" <martin@domain.elided> wrote:

> My '95 318ti has developed a squeaky clutch over this summer.  The car
> has 69,000 miles on it and the clutch squeaks loudly when depressed, the
> squeak seems to get louder the closer to the floor the pedal is (the

Martin,

I have the same squeak / creak on my '95 M3.  Passengers love to comment
on the noise.  I have ordered the UUC clutch arm bushings for the E36 from
www.uucmotorwerks.com .  Apparently this is "the" permanent fix for the
squeak.  They were on back-order for quite some time but they just
finished a new batch and mine are en route.  I also have a little bit of a
side-to-side looseness, which the bearings also supposedly fix.

Ivan - '93 SE-R 110k, '95 M3 107k
http://ichou.freeshell.org/se-r.html