Noisy "5" rear end

Mexican StationeryAll

I thought I had a problem with wheel bearings on my 1994 525i.  It appears
the problem is elsewhere however I cannot pinpoint.  I hear a harmonic hum
that increases and decreases with speed.  The noise is best heard with all
windows up.  The car is equipped with Mud & Snow tires from a less popular
brand.  I thought perhaps the agressive tread was creating some noise.

I jacked the car's rear end up, and ran the car engaged in idle and didn't
hear any obnocious noise coming from either rear side.

Are there common noise related issues with "94" 525's?

How about some tips on isolating the "noise"?

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of faded mexican flag arms.jpg]