Re: Pressure Bleeding experience + questions

OK.  Let's put a caliper rebuild on the TO DO list.

For the ABS. Do you know a source where I could read in details how the
internal of the ABS works? I mean, what the pump does, it takes fluid and
send it where? And the solenoids, do they retract a kind of piston to lower
the pressure in the line etc.

I'm asking that because I'm an electronic technician and would like to
design something to manually activate the ABS during bleeding. I'm pretty
sure I can figure out what the connections are, but I need to know the
sequence of activation, what needs to be activate in the same time or not
at the same time etc.

Also,  I used around 32 fluid once of brake fluid to flush the lines. It
was hard to see the color change. Is this too little for a fluid change?  I
think next time I will buy ATE blue, so I can see the difference.

Cheers,
Michel.

                    alex.fadeev@v
                    erizon.com           To:     "Michel Drainville" <MDrainville@domain.elided>
                                         cc:     bmw@domain.elided, owner-bmw@domain.elided
                    08/12/02             Subject:     Re: Pressure Bleeding experience + questions
                    03:54 PM

"Michel Drainville" <MDrainville@domain.elided> wrote:

> So, does the flow of the caliper should have been like the clutch?
> If yes, are my calipers or lines full of rust or deposits?

YES and YES!
It's time to rebuild your calipers.

> If no, is that a result of the ABS causing a restriction?

No.
ABS will not allow you to bleed all of the old fluid out of the system
(unless you have access to MODIC to artificially trigger ABS to push the
old fluid out of the system). But whatever is outside of the ABS pumps
should bleed out.

HTH,
alex f