Re: Where do you go for wheels? v2.0

"Alan Leung" <alanleung100@domain.elided> wrote:
> I have heard good words from several digest and CCA members
> about Tire Rack and I had good experiences with them from
> previous tire purchases also.

Agreed.
Good shop, great tire prices and OK wheel prices, great service.
Not to mention that they are BMW CCA and CR sponsor.
They do not carry Toyo and a few other tire brands, but than nobody stocks
Toyos. That may have a lot to do with those tire manufacturers and their
distribution network (or lack thereof).

> There is only a minor problem - they do not carry AC Schnitzer
> as far as I know. Any other suggestions?

Alan - be flexible!
AC Schnitzer wheels are nothing to write home about. They are heavy cast
over-priced alloy wheels that Schnitzer is pimping for the price of light
and strong forged wheels.
You can do better than that, unless you are for some reason in love with
their styling. If you are, you can probably do just as well ordering their
knock-offs from eBay or someone like thewheelexchange.com

alex f