'95 740iL transmission ills (?)

Patient -- 1995 740iL with 92k miles.

Symptoms -- when upshifting, mild "lurch" between gears at times.  When
downshifting at speed (kickdown), pretty big lurch.  Not at all smooth.
When coming to a complete stop with moderate to hard braking, the engine
will stall and die.  Sometimes, at a stoplight, if the brakes are applied
only lightly to keep the car in place, the drivetrain will provide a little
"surge" and the car will want to inch forward a bit.  May also be a high-ish
pitch whining when moving.

I've noticed spots on the driveway, it may be ATF?  I thought that this
transmission had "permanent" fluid, and no way to replenish or change?  Are
these problems simply a function of a leak in the system somewhere, or is it
more serious than that?

This is the only auto-transmission car I've ever bought, and I have the
mechanical aptitude of an eggplant, so forgive my ignorance.  Any and all
advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

- --Dennis

'95 740iL
'95 355 Berlinetta