E32 730i Auto Trans

Lurker Alert!

Been lurking on this list for a while, and I am
finally in need of some help!

I have a problem with the tranny on my E32 730i (I
believe its a 4HP22E).  The problem is this:  The gear
changes are occasionally violent(to say the least),
however the majority of the time they are fine.
Sometimes when pulling away from a cold start it feels
as if the clutch is slipping(only way I can think of
describing it) and sometimes when driving at a
constant speed on a level gradient the car will start
hunting between gears, or it will sometimes feel like
a shudder through the whole car, which goes away when
S or M is selected.

Any ideas guys?  I have checked the fluid levels, and
all appears OK, the oil is new (not sure about the
filter tho).

Euan Houston
euan@domain.elided
http://uk.my.yahoo.com