Re: (E30)85 318i :NO Forward gears

Short answer......after 16 years and 100K+ miles  all transmissions will
have significant wear. The passage of time is also as wearing as mileage.
If you got 100-150K miles,  you got your money's worth.

Some transmissions get more mileage eventhough they are operating
outside of the wear tolerance  specification........

Henrir