(E30)85 318i :NO Forward gears

My car burns rubber in reverse but when I put the selector lever into "D"
no go.same with 3,2,1 It started of as sort of weird scraping metal against
metal sound  when the tranny shifted from 3 to overdrive on the highway.
After about two weeks I finally changed the tranny fluid and filter slowly
the forward gears got worse. Now, they don't work at all.
I don't remember what type of transmission fluid I put in  because it was
about 2 months ago. I went into a local Autozone and asked for a filter and
the guy brought it out and then mentioned that I'll need to change the
tranny fluid also. I think he brought back about 3-4 quarts. Next time I'll
just take my car to a good tech and have them deal with it! As you can see,
I may have destroyed my transmission. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Ced