325 to m3 cams / spacers

I was thinking of upgrading the cams in my 325is to the cams from a 95 m3.  I
currently have a conforti chip, but was going to put one in that is tuned for
the m3 cams.  Since I don't know much about cams I was wondering if someone
could shed some light on the positives and negatives of this upgrade (wear,
emissions , etc). Also,  I am lowering the car and will have to put spacers on
in the front.  I have heard that spacers can cause excessive wear on the
bearings as well as other problems.  Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Logan
94' 325is