  From: tedcrum@domain.elided
  To: bmw group submissions
  Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 3:22 AM
  Subject: re: liposuction

  My e12 528i was definitely saved by its extendo-bumpers when I was
  rear-ended by a jeep cherokee, an accident that put major hurt on the SUV
  and left me with a little scratch. I experienced very little shock, and
  the bad disks in my neck felt no worse than usual. I'm very gratefull for
  that bumper. I would think that in non-extendo models they put the energy
  absorption somewhere else; with bottomed cyliners there wouldn't any
  place for the energy to go.

  It just a matter of what you're willing to give up to look good. I'm
  lucky, I guess, in liking the form-follows-funtion, don't-mess-with-me
  look of the big bumpers. I've always thought that the euro bumpers on the
  70's/80's grey market cars (esp. MBz) looked cheap, old-fashioned and
  feeble.

  > Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:45:53 -0600
  > From: michael_kohlbrenner@domain.elided
  > Subject: RE: liposuction