<E28> Woohoo, I'm Mobile again.. Much thanks to all.

Well,
based on advise from people here, on the digest lists, the roadfly list, and
private e-mails.  I am driving again.  I really must thank everyone for
thier responses, help, wisdom, and experience.  Without you guys, I would
have most likely spent money on a wrench and a repair bill.  These lists
rule!  Now I hope to be able to offer advise to others that run into these
problems.

The site I created will be able to help with that, so if anyone has PDF's
images and such that they want posted there as a resource I would be happy
to do so.  Just e-mail me the file, and I will get it up as soon as I can.
I also will scan articles and put them in.

Now onto the solution that got me running

What I did.
Removed the throttle bellow, did inside and out thorough inspection no
cracks leaks etc.
Removed all vacuum lines and hoses, checked for leaks cracks and none found.
All hoses refitted back on the car.
Removed plug for TPS cleaned contacts
Removed ICV, and cleaned it out with carb cleaner.  Interior motion seems to
be a lot more fluid.. lots of black soot removed.  Reattached it to the car,
and did final visual inspection, before turning the key.

I am proud to say it started the very first try and purrs like a kitten.
Now if I can get the grease out from under my finger nails,

Cheers All!!
Ron Jordan
85 535i Running Well, and Driving again
73 911s 2.7 still in the garage almost finished.