E34 Trunk Lights / UK M5 for sale

Hi

My brother is struggling with his E34 M5 trunk lights - the ones that light
up the licence plate. One light is OK - the other is dead. Both bulbs are OK
- - there is no power to the bulb that is dead.

My Bentley manual tells me there are 2 wires coming from the trunk check
control module, they each go through a bulb to ground.

He has tested the ground, and it is good. He then tested if he has power on
the other wire (should be +12V that comes from the check control module) and
it is dead. I suggested he trace that wire back to the module to see if
there is 12V at the module output. If so - he has a wire break and it's
easily replaced. BUT if there is no power at the module - does he have a
dead relay in the check control trunk module??

He is trying the sell the M5 in the UK for #6500 - it's in amazing
condition, if anyone is interested in a cheap techno-violet M5.

Thanks,

Rob Bentley
ENGLAND
E30 325is - 16 years old and still no rust
This email is sent in confidence for the addressee only.
Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please
advise the sender immediately by telephone (01202 290292) and return the
original email to us without taking a copy.
We have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted
to any third party.

Neither Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd nor Unisys Insurance Services Ltd accepts
any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly
from the use of this email or its contents.

Abbey Life Assurance Co. Ltd and Abbey Unit Trust Managers Ltd are members of
the Lloyds TSB Group, and are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.