Re: E36: windshield washer not spraying water

Hi Brendon,

I just changed my nozzles to those one with lights on my E28.  So I was
mucking about with all the stuff you are talking about,  If you lift your
hood, and look along the lip closest to the firewall,   You might have to
remove a liner.  not sure, but once you do, you will find wires and tubes
going to the bottom of each nozzle, they should be accessible.   You will find
where the tubes go, and see the T fitting there.  There are also wires that go
into the nozzle, and they are part of the cleaning system.  that heats the
nozzles up in the winter to clean them if clogged.The T fitting, or tube after
the fitting is most likely the culprit, since one of them is still working.
If you do have to remove the nozzle itself its easy.  its held in by a notched
plastic tab built onto the nozzle from underneath it acts as a spring sort of
thing and the nozzle is pushed down from the outside to put it on the car.
the tab depresses while going past the sheet metal and then protrudes after
its past.  Sorta like a fishing hook concept.  You need to get a small
flathead screwdirver and depress the tap from underneath, while pushing up on
the nozzle and at the same time pulling it up on an angle from the top of the
hood.  It will come out pretty easily.  The tubing used is clear yellow with
white crosshatching in it,  Some sort of fibre.  It cracks kinda of easily so
you might have to replace it.  your local autoparts store will have some of
the black rubber stuff in case it does.  It works great.. I replaced the
tubing on mine when I transplanted my nozzles for the blue light kind.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Ron Jordan