Re: Dealer discounts for BMWCCA members?

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Aaron and Aimee Ness wrote:
> I have observed that several poeple have mentioned the discount that their
> dealers give them on parts with their BMWCCA membership.  Is this a flat
> rate discount that is given by all dealers, or is it at the dealers'
> discretion?  If it is the former, how much is the discount, and if the
> latter, what do most dealers offer?

It's all at the dealer discretion AFAIK.

I went to one dealer to get some accessories (as listed in the BMW
accessory catalog), and noticed that their prices were higher than
the catalog price.  When they gave me the "discount", the prices
were the catalog prices.  (I won't go back to them though because
they actually gave me that price BEFORE I asked about additional
discounts for CCA members but when they rang everything up there
was no additional discount and when I asked they said that the
discount down to catalog price WAS the CCA discount.  Yeah right!
The sales critter at this place also wanted a deposit on a new
car before he would even talk price.  Two strikes.  Ain't gonna
be a third!).

> I'm thinking about joining, but money is tight right now (selling a house,
> putting a roof on so we can sell it more easily, and then immediately buying
> a house).  I suspect that by spending the money, I could actually save money
> since we're racking up miles on both of our cars pretty quickly these days,
> and it's only a matter of time before stuff starts wearing out.

You'll have to ask they dealers/mechanics/etc. where you bring your
cars in for service about the discounts.  I suspect that it'll be
more than worth you while to join the CCA when you factor them in.

- - howard
'02 325i

- --

Netcom Class of '93, RIP Netcom!  <*>  hsiegel~at~pobox~dot~com