Dealer discounts for BMWCCA members?

I have observed that several poeple have mentioned the discount that their
dealers give them on parts with their BMWCCA membership.  Is this a flat
rate discount that is given by all dealers, or is it at the dealers'
discretion?  If it is the former, how much is the discount, and if the
latter, what do most dealers offer?

I'm thinking about joining, but money is tight right now (selling a house,
putting a roof on so we can sell it more easily, and then immediately buying
a house).  I suspect that by spending the money, I could actually save money
since we're racking up miles on both of our cars pretty quickly these days,
and it's only a matter of time before stuff starts wearing out.

Thanks in advance...
Aaron
'87 528e - 25k miles in the last 15 months
'88 325is? - 130 miles a day
'70 Beetle
'82 GPz550