OBC language resolved

Thanks to everyone who responded to the OBC language thread.  It turns out
that the proper procedure for E28 is to set it to MPG and press the recessed
button.  I couldn't get combinations of buttons to do anything, such as show
firmware version, etc.  Apparently it's supposed to be in my manual (per
several replies), but I have come up empty many times on this one.  This
ends quite an annoying little thing for me that has actually been an issue
since I left my lights on back in March.

Aaron
'87 528e
'88 325is?
'70 Beetle